Vflo®’s hydraulic approach to hydrology allows stage, discharge and inundation to be simulated within a single model. Hydrologic input comes from radar rainfall or rain gauge data. Setup uses geospatial data. Vflo® can leverage floodplain regulatory models to improve understanding of watershed processes. Wizard functionality offers automated DEM processing and produces digital cross-sections.
Vflo® is a gridded, physics-based hydrologic model that simulates stormwater runoff based on geospatial data to model interior locations in the drainage network. It applies from major river basins to small catchments. The same modeling framework is used to develop detailed drainage infrastructure design, or for real-time forecasting of rainfall runoff and flooding. Flow rates, stage and inundation are simulated or predicted on the desktop and in real-time.
Summary features are:
- Fast and efficient simulation
- Models the hydrologic cycle for the entire watershed
- Generates flow/stage and inundation
- Leverages the spatial variability of the geospatial data – terrain and rainfall
- Designed for use with radar rainfall
- AI/ML Genetic algorithm: sensitivity analysis and continuous modules support model calibration
- Desktop and operational implementations allows for detailed desktop setup, evaluation and calibration prior to online operations
For a free desktop Vflo® download for evaluation and educational use, contact us today to learn more.
Download brochure: Vflo_product sheet_ April 2022