Vieux & Associates (Vieux) is an engineering technology firm specializing
in radar rainfall / runoff software, products, and related services. Vieux is
a recognized leader in advanced hydrologic modeling and forecasting systems to
provide world-class flood warning systems and our team-members are leaders in
their field. Vieux is now part of the Advanced Environmental Monitoring (AE
Monitoring) family of companies. AE Monitoring is combining global leaders to
provide reliable and innovative environmental monitoring and analysis
solutions. Our companies offer world-class technologies, ranging from sensors,
data-loggers, and telemetry to hydrologic modeling software that provides
advanced analytics and prediction. These technologies enable decision makers
to make better decisions, extend their reaction time, and improve their
ability to adapt to weather and environmental events… ultimately
protecting people, infrastructure, and entire communities.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified applicants should email a short cover letter and academic transcripts
Lead Professional Engineer
Vieux & Associates, a world leader in advanced hydrologic modeling and
forecasting systems for radar rainfall and runoff, is looking for an
experienced Professional Engineer who can think big to tackle an array of
industry problems with sound hydrologic modeling and principles. This engineer
will take advantage of our widespread and validated high resolution data from
across AEM’s associated brands to deliver exceptional engineering results to
The Lead Professional Engineer will leverage their experience using a
multitude of industryaccepted hydrologic models (HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, MIKE and
ModFlow) to help shape the longterm future of the company by recommending
areas where Vieux & Associates can create added value for its clients through
an expansion of models and technologies.
As a key part of the business leadership team, the successful candidate will
provide mentorship and coaching for new employees while influencing the
structure to capture significant growth opportunities.
Front End Engineer
The Vieux development team retains the creative spirit of a startup culture,
while enjoying the benefits of being part of a larger organization. This group
of 5-10 people, thrives in a fast paced and cross-functional setting. The team
collaborates often, encourages curiosity, and respects elegant code. We
continuously ship small improvements and new features to create a better
experience for our customers around the world.
Design and develop new interfaces for analysis of environmental data (e.g.
graphs, GIS, tabular data, and more).
- Update existing interfaces for improved usability and efficiency.
- Interface with and improve data APIs.
- Write code to manage large, complex data for front-end web applications.
- Understanding of user-centered design
- Experience building responsive web applications
- Strong understanding of browser and network functionality
- Consuming different types of APIs (REST, GraphQL, WebSockets, etc.)
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Angular framework and CLI, Mapbox GL JS, and D3js
- AWS Services (S3, DynamoDB, Lambda, EC2, Cognito, etc)
- Server-side languages (Java/Ruby/PHP/Node/etc)
- Relational database and non-structured persistent data stores (NoSQL)
- Real time web services (e.g. websockets, long polling, etc.)
We are looking for people who think big and want to build the future of
environmental analysis with us. If you are looking for a new challenge where
you can fully contribute to innovative solutions and make a real difference
with a small team of dedicated developers, apply today!