Vieux & Associates (Vieux) is an engineering technology firm specializing in radar rainfall / runoff software, products, and related services. Vieux is a recognized leader in advanced hydrologic modeling and forecasting systems to provide world-class flood warning systems and our team-members are leaders in their field.
Vieux is now part of the Advanced Environmental Monitoring (AE Monitoring) family of companies. AE Monitoring is combining global leaders to provide reliable and innovative environmental monitoring and analysis solutions. Our companies offer world-class technologies, ranging from sensors, data-loggers, and telemetry to hydrologic modeling software that provides advanced analytics and prediction. These technologies enable decision makers to make better decisions, extend their reaction time, and improve their ability to adapt to weather and environmental events… ultimately protecting people, infrastructure, and entire communities.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified applicants should email a short cover letter and academic transcripts to email@example.com, ATTN: Jean Vieux.
A new hydrologic engineering position creates an excellent opportunity to work with an exciting and fast growing company. The candidate we seek is an excellent communicator who is self-motivated, embraces technological development and thrives in a fast-paced and high-achieving workplace.
Location: Boulder, CO
- EIT or PE, or the ability to obtain within 6 months
- Minimum educational requirement is a BS in civil/environmental/agricultural engineering or a closely related field, with specialization in water resources, hydrology, soil physics, or hydro-meteorology
- Experience with distributed hydrologic/hydraulic modeling using hydro-meteorological measurements including weather radar and gauge instrumentation
- Strong analytical skills and excellent written and oral communication
- Excellent time management, organizational skills, and flexibility in meeting objectives
- Ability to synthesize scientific, engineering, and other complex information
- Demonstrated successful academic performance
- Coordinate with internal teams and clients on requirements and technical specifications.
- Apply scientific principles and understanding of scientific developments in hydrologic/hydraulic modeling and inundation mapping and modeling technologies to distributed hydrologic modeling.
- Accept increasing responsibilities in project management, client and conference presentation, proposal writing and duties as assigned.
Intern: Hydrometeorological Radar Data Analyst
When: Minimum of 9 hours/week (initially 3 afternoons/week)- Potential to become full-time
Location: Norman, OK
- Senior or graduate in Meteorology
- Class or experience involving weather radar preferred.
- Must be available to shadow our hydromet team for 1-2 hours as part of the application process.
- The position will involve data quality control and working with a team.
- Must be able to follow guidance and established procedures.
- GIS experience is a plus.