EFFECTIVE DATE: 1/3/2020
Vieux & Associates (Vieux) is an engineering technology firm specializing in radar rainfall / runoff software, products, and related services. Vieux is a recognized leader in advanced hydrologic modeling and forecasting systems to provide world-class flood warning systems and our team-members are leaders in their field.
Vieux is now part of the Advanced Environmental Monitoring (AE Monitoring) family of companies. AE Monitoring is combining global leaders to provide reliable and innovative environmental monitoring and analysis solutions. Our companies offer world-class technologies, ranging from sensors, data-loggers, and telemetry to hydrologic modeling software that provides advanced analytics and prediction. These technologies enable decision makers to make better decisions, extend their reaction time, and improve their ability to adapt to weather and environmental events… ultimately protecting people, infrastructure, and entire communities.
What: Internship for a Hydrometeorological Radar Data Analyst
When: Minimum of 9 hours/week (initially 3 afternoons/week)- Potential to become full-time
Where: Four Partners Place
Pay: $12/hour starting
- Senior or graduate in Meteorology
- Class or experience involving weather radar preferred.
- Must be available to shadow our hydromet team for 1-2 hours as part of the application process.
- The position will involve data quality control and working with a team.
- Must be able to follow guidance and established procedures.
- GIS experience is a plus.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified applicants should email a short cover letter and academic transcripts to email@example.com, ATTN: Jean Vieux.