Vieux & Associates, Inc. is powered by a talented team dedicated to developing and supporting advanced technologies for rainfall and runoff products/services serving wet weather, stormwater, flood, and water resources applications. Our employees are located in Oklahoma, Colorado, Texas and New York. Professional affiliations include the American Meteorological Society, the National Hydrologic Warning Council, and the Water Environment Federation.
- MS Environmental Science, University of Oklahoma
- Specialization in GIS Environmental Applications
Dr. Vieux’s professional focus is radar rainfall and distributed hydrologic modeling. He is distinguished in the application of high-resolution rainfall monitoring to hydraulic modeling of collection systems. Dr. Vieux has directed the development of design storms for collection system planning, operations, and design for municipal sewer districts. He has over 110 publications appearing as textbooks, journal articles, and conference proceedings. At Vieux, Inc., he oversees technology development for rainfall and runoff monitoring software and services. Dr. Vieux developed the first commercially available distributed hydrologic model, Vflo®.
- Principal/Chief Technology Officer, 1992-present, Vieux & Associates, Inc.
- Professor Emeritus 2013, University of Oklahoma Full Professor, 2000-2013; Associate Professor, 1995-2000; Assistant Professor, 1990-1995
- Adjunct Professor, Rice University, 2015-present
- Visiting Assistant Professor, Michigan State University
- Assistant State Conservation Engineer, USDA-NRCS, Michigan
- State Conservation Engineer (acting), USDA-NRCS, Michigan
- Project Engineer, USDA-NRCS and PL-566 Watershed Project, Kansas
- Ph.D. Michigan State University
- MSCE, Kansas State University
- BSCE, University of Kansas
- Professional Engineer: Multiple states including Oklahoma, Texas, and Colorado – NCEES 2017
Software/IT Team Leaders
- Ryan Hoes, BS Computer Engineering, MBA/MIS
- Brian Byrne, AD Computer Science, BS Software Development
- Seth Dawson
Hydro-meteorology Team Leaders
- Edward Koehler, BS Meteorology
- Jennifer French, BS/MS Meteorology
- David Buckey, BS/MS Meteorology